Please contribute to the restoration project

If you feel inclined please contribute to the effort anything will help!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Engine




The engine is the original 948 with the HS1 (1 1/4 inch) SU Carbs. The 1959 car has only 60,000 miles on it and the oil pressure seems to be solid. I plan on replacing the gaskets on the engine as well as repainting it with the original color. Additionally I plan on rebuilding the SU carburetors and cleaning and painting all parts as needed. I will remove the engine, remove all paint and treat any rust, and prime or use a rust preventative paint treatment, then paint the engine compartment the original Leaf Green. Well there has been a change in plans for the color as I simply can't resist painting it British Racing Green (BRG) like the old Jaguar D Type which I absolutely love.  I plan on using Dupont or PPG paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment